Rigaku Oxford Diffraction is an international manufacturer of scientific instrumentation that prides itself on being a company focused on customer relationships while offering the best hardware and software solutions for single crystal X-ray diffraction. The advertised role will be based at Rigaku Americas Corporation located in The Woodlands, TX, U.S.A.
In your role as an application scientist, you will be responsible for training users worldwide on the operation of their instruments and conducting demonstrations at our extensive demo facility in The Woodlands. Your ability to produce high quality scientific reports tailored to the exacting standards of customers will be a key part of your job. As an application scientist, you will be required to communicate our message to other scientists by way of presentations at conferences and user meetings. The ability for you to travel both inside and outside the USA without restriction is essential. It is estimated that travel will be no more than 50% of the time.
You will become the face of Rigaku Oxford Diffraction, promoting our users’ science through our single crystal X-ray diffraction equipment. Your ability to share your enthusiasm with others will be advantageous to the business by forging bonds with scientists. Your scientific knowledge of single crystal X-ray diffraction will be beneficial in helping to understand how to engage customers.
• Working with the sales team to conduct demonstrations for customers
• Produce high quality reports based on data from customer samples
• Training users on software and how to best operate the hardware
• Maintaining the instrument(s) in the laboratory
• Interacting with users on our user forum
• Attending and presenting at conferences and user meetings worldwide
• Providing feedback to the software team
• Assisting with marketing activities
• Managing to completion smaller individual projects
You will have good knowledge of using X-ray crystallography as a research tool and be able to engage customers in a positive and enthusiastic manner. Attention to detail is critical for accurate reporting of scientific information.
• Ph.D. in a relevant scientific field
• Expert knowledge of chemical crystallography
• Experience of operating single crystal X-ray diffraction instruments
• Excellent people skills to interact with both colleagues and customers
• Accuracy in delivered reports
• Written and spoken fluency in English
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
• Experience in protein crystallography would be beneficial
• Experience of maintaining single crystal X-ray diffraction instruments
• Proven experience of presentation to a scientific audience
• Polish and/or Japanese language skills would be an advantage
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran.