Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- MS/PHD in Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics or EE.
- Technical experience is some or all of the following areas: applied mathematics, signal processing, physics or spectroscopy.
- Strong Matlab (or similar scientific computing) programming skills
- C/C++ language programming is a plus
- 5+ years of development using Agile software development methodologies
- Experience working in multidisciplinary environments
- Prior working experience with Data Acquisition Systems
- Familiar with instrument communication protocols
- Familiar with software source control packages
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- A highly motivated fast learner who can work independently with minimal guidance
The ideal candidate also must
- Practical experience with programming involving analytical aspects of atomic and/or molecular spectroscopy
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital circuits, able to collaborate with hardware engineering to optimize SN ratio
- Familiarity with XML, PHP and QT
- Possess an advanced understanding of algorithmic methods for processing signals to achieve highly efficient code implementations.
- Possess a background in optimized software and firmware development for the implementation of custom algorithms targeted to embedded processors
- Ability to rapidly prototype algorithm concepts and ideas and make insightful decisions on research directions to enhance system performance
- Demonstrated ability to successfully complete complex R&D technology projects
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran.